ADAPTIVE COMPUTING IN DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE - 2008
PAPER CALL AND SUBMISSION
!!EXTENDED SUBMISSION DATE!!
Due to numerous requests the submission date for full papers has been extended to Friday 14th December '07
The intention is to further explore the integration of evolutionary search, exploration and optimisation and associated Computational Intelligence (CI) technologies (e.g. neural computing, intelligent agent systems, fuzzy logic etc) across a wide spectrum of design and manufacturing activities.
Subsequent to the Conference authors of selected accepted papers will be invited to submit extended and more detailed versions of their papers for review and possible inclusion in special editions of one of the following journals:
Areas of interest include but are not restricted to:
- novel application of evolutionary and computational intelligence strategies to (or integration with) complex manufacturing systems;
- resource scheduling and planning; facility layout; supply chain design and management; business organisational design;
- evolutionary in-silico drug discovery processes, reagent library search, de novo molecule design;
- evolutionary software design systems;
- co-operative frameworks supporting the utilisation of evolutionary search and other CI technologies within a design / manufacturing environment.
- the application of novel evolutionary computing techniques and strategies that address specific design / analysis problems of high complexity.
- evolutionary and CI strategies for component modelling and systems identification.
- conceptual design search and exploration; human-centred aspects and interactive evolutionary decision-support systems.
- modelling of and searching across, uncertain / poorly-defined decision-making environments.
- multi-objective satisfaction and optimisation.
- search and optimisation within heavily constrained domains.
- Web / Grid-based evolutionary tools for design and manufacture - accessibility and utility; provision of multi-disciplinary search and optimisation requirements within distributed Problem Solving Environments (PSEs).
- reducing computational expense during detailed design, analysis and optimisation.
- best practice re integration with high-performance computing, parallel architectures etc
- supporting innovative and creative design .
- data mining; the identification of optimal design information; appropriate presentation of data generated from evolutionary search, exploration and optimisation.
- evolvable hardware design.
- robotics and control.
- applied, theoretical, results-oriented and speculative papers from both academe and industry will all be considered for inclusion.
Application papers must exhibit novel aspects relating to evolutionary / computational intelligence system design and implementation.
Paper submissions must be original and related to the overall subject area of the Conference. Initial papers should be no longer than six pages (A4) at 10pt Times New Roman typeface.
Please include author's names, addresses (email for contact author included) and affiliation. Margins of 20mm should be maintained all round but overall format is flexible in the first instance.
All preliminary papers should be submitted electronically in pdf, postscript or MS Word format. Accepted papers will receive a layout guide for the preparation of final camera-ready papers which generally extend to 10 pages.
Final papers must be MS Word.
14th December 2007: Paper submission
5th February 2008: Notification of paper acceptance
1st March 2008: Final formatted copy required
All final papers must be submitted as MS Word documents.
Papers should be emailed as zipped attachments directly to
Please give contact details of the corresponding author. You should receive an
acknowledgement mail within 48 hours of receipt. If you do not receive this
acknowledgement please inform Ian Parmee asap.
The info below is for final, reviewed and accepted papers. Papers submitted for review do not need to be fully formatted (see guidance above).
FINAL PAPER FORMAT DOWNLOADS:
Click here to download sample document